Skip to main content

File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents

File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents is a middle-grade comical mystery novel by Lemony Snicket, and around book 2.5 of the All the Wrong Questions series.

Personally, I strongly recommend you read this series in order – first Who Could That Be At This Hour? and then When Did You See Her Last? I have read (and loved) them. Due to my weird reading and blog schedule, though, the actual reviews aren’t posting until June. Stay tuned!

Anywho, in the midst of young apprentice Lemony Snicket’s time in the mostly abandoned Stain’d-by-the-Sea and his larger, overarching mystery (which we shall not get into now, so as not to spoil all you lovely bibliophiles), File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents covers his smaller, but no less tantalizing mysteries.

Here we dive into the details of ghostly hauntings, neighborhood kidnappings, potentially rhyming vandals, and missing food – and more!

Oh, Lemony Snicket, how I love thee!!!

File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents is humorous and wonderfully mad from the outset! Delightful dialogue and entertaining narration make for one blissful Angie!

The hilarious, witty conclusions are housed in the back of the book, each story providing a page number to read the deduction. I loved this silly, fun quirk and enjoyed it thoroughly. I was continually chuckling and just felt HAPPY reading File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents.

This is a really, really fun story – it actually made me want to watch one of my favorite shows, Pushing Daisies, which it was reminding me of occasionally.

File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents is truly and completely a joy to read – and I can’t wait for more!!

My only sadness? Supposedly there’s only two more books left in the All the Wrong Questions series!

I can never have enough of Lemony Snicket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promotion Celebration for Maximum Ride!!!

Do you love the series Maximum Ride ? How about James Patterson? Are you a huge fan of action-packed books? Well, I’m thrilled to bring to you an opportunity to stock up on some awesome reading!!! ENTER TO WIN A SET OF JAMES PATTERSON PAGETURNERS! MAXIMUM RIDE – IF SHE LIVES, THE WORLD LIVES, IT’S THAT SIMPLE. Read “MAX” - the newest book in the bestselling Maximum Ride series. On sale in paperback 09/01/09! Still reeling from their most recent adventure, Maximum Ride and the rest of the flock must head out to sea to uncover the secret behind a brand new series of disasters—fish are dying off the coast of Hawaii, hundreds of ships are being destroyed. As if that weren’t enough, they’re also being tracked by a criminal mastermind with, oh yeah, an army of mercenaries. Can the flock save themselves and the ocean, and the world, from utter destruction? Now for the rules : The Maximum Ride: Max Promotion is open to legal US residents who are at least 13 years of age as of August 24, 200...

Werelove = YA Paranormal Contest!!!

Now that my CSN contest is coming to a close (you still have until 11:59PM PST to enter today), I am here to offer you another chance to WIN something awesome! :) Author Lakisha Spletzer (to find out more about her and her books go here: www.kishazworld.com) has so kindly offered me a chance to have a giveaway on this blog for all you bibliophiles! There will be THREE winners!!! And there are THREE different prizes that will be awarded. What are they? 1. A print copy of Lakisha's YA paranormal/sci-fi book Werelove: Dusk Conspiracy 2. An e-book version of Werelove: Dusk Conspiracy 3. A T-shirt with a Werelove logo and quote, which you can see here As someone who has just finished reading Werelove: Dusk Conspiracy I can assure you that you will never be bored and that it is a fun, fast-paced read! (For more on the book read my review in the next few weeks when it posts, or click here to look at it on the Amazon.com page.) And that's not all! (I totally sound like a g...

Time Quadrants

Time Quadrants is an ebook-only anthology by YA sci-fi author Henry Melton. This is a time travel science fiction sampler that was put out to whet appetites before the publication of Golden Girl . Since I've already read Golden Girl and loved it (read my review here ), I was super excited to read this anthology. It's four short stories, and overall only a little over 100 pages long - and well worth reading!!! Let's break each story down, one by one, shall we? Litterbug : This story centers on seventeen-year-old Jerry who helps to clean up near the railroad to make sure his small town is spotless before the President of the United States makes a short stop there. He finds an odd-looking candy bar wrapper that he tries to put through a gadget he has made to sort recyclables - yet for some reason it refuses to work, unlike anything he has ever experienced. What is it? Well, you gotta read it to find out, don't you? I don't want to say too much more since in short ...