Skip to main content

Perception

Perception, the sequel to Clarity, is a YA paranormal mystery novel by Kim Harrington.

You know the drill. This is a sequel. In fact, the rest of the week is going to reviews of sequels. If you haven’t read the first book in the series – that would be Clarity which I reviewed yesterday – then you should NOT read this review!

Don’t ruin the fun by seeing inevitable spoilers. So, turn away NOW! Got it?

Okay… now, assuming the rest of you have read Clarity:

Clarity “Clare” Fern is starting a new year of school after a highly publicized summer of using her psychic abilities to solve the murder of a tourist. Because she’s now, apparently, a local celebrity, many of the popular crowd are now trying to assimilate her into their society.

No thanks.

Clare prefers to be on the outskirts than hang around the people who have made her life a living hell for the past many years. Not to mention she has more than enough to deal with without their ridiculous attempts at conversation…

She’s still trying to figure out if she’s willing to give her ex-boyfriend Justin another shot or turn her heart over to Gabriel, the hot detective’s son that she solved the summer case with. But when she starts getting notes, gifts, and phone calls from a secret admirer, she begins to think it’s too much of a good thing – especially when it starts getting creepy.

Then there’s the fact that a local, gifted student has gone missing. Since there was a goodbye note, the police assume she’s taken off of her own accord, but the girl’s mother insists otherwise. And for some reason, Clare’s intuition urges her to look into it.

Can the sassy, psychic girl detective do it? Or is she pushing her luck the second time around?

I loved Clarity with a bibliophile passion, and I can happily assure you that Perception is just as awesome – at least for me!

These fantastic characters are growing and changing in realistic ways, yet staying happily likable and relatable. Add in the new mysteries – both personal and criminal – and we’re left with an exciting, invigorating, fast-paced book that makes me positively gleeful!

My internal alarm was blaring as Clare gains a secret admirer and a new friend, and I have to say how nice it is to have the protagonist come to the same conclusion as you at about the same time. I hate feeling like my heroine is dumb. Plus – my guess was wrong! I love it when that happens!

Perception is hilarious with excellent one-liners and snappy dialogue. It’s truly an exhilarating, fun, must-read series – I WANT MORE!!!

I haven’t read anything about there being more novels in the series yet, but I hope that there are. Clare is a new teen detective that I want to follow for many more books!!!

Please, Kim Harrington, please? *cue sad, longing puppy dog eyes*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Q & A - Jan Eldredge Stops By!

Next Wednesday y'all will be getting my oh-so-humble opinion of Evangeline of the Bayou , the Summer 2018 Kids' Indie Next List selection! (That means it was picked via booksellers at independent bookstores countrywide.) Until then, I have a Q&A with the Louisiana born and raised author herself: Jan Eldredge! (Don't forget to come back next week for my review!!) A Conversation with JAN ELDRIDGE Author of Evangeline of the Bayou 1) The glossary in the back of the book is so helpful! Where did you learn about all these creatures? Which creature from the book is your favorite? I have a small, but growing, collection of books about mythical creatures around the world. If I couldn’t find what I was looking for there, I researched library books, online websites, and the occasional documentary. Something that really surprised me as I started learning more about mythical monsters was the number of different cultures that share very similar

First Step: Admit You Have a Problem

Hi fellow Bibliophiles! I have been rather neglectful to this blog... instead continuing to stay buried in a book as I have during the holidays. I'm hopeful that most of you have been doing this too and can easily accept my apology. Have I been reading? Um, yeah! (Translation: duh.) Just haven't been able to pull myself away long enough to actually WRITE about what I'm reading. Lol. But that's me, a bibliophile, an addict, an addict who's fallen off the wagon and fully embraced her love of reading - especially with all this free time to do so!!! I've also been watching awesome holiday movies, eating yummy, but bad-for-me, food and hanging out with the people I love best! You too? I hope! ;) Anyway, I will return with a new book review next week, most likely on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for your patience and keep reading!!!

Promotion Celebration for Maximum Ride!!!

Do you love the series Maximum Ride ? How about James Patterson? Are you a huge fan of action-packed books? Well, I’m thrilled to bring to you an opportunity to stock up on some awesome reading!!! ENTER TO WIN A SET OF JAMES PATTERSON PAGETURNERS! MAXIMUM RIDE – IF SHE LIVES, THE WORLD LIVES, IT’S THAT SIMPLE. Read “MAX” - the newest book in the bestselling Maximum Ride series. On sale in paperback 09/01/09! Still reeling from their most recent adventure, Maximum Ride and the rest of the flock must head out to sea to uncover the secret behind a brand new series of disasters—fish are dying off the coast of Hawaii, hundreds of ships are being destroyed. As if that weren’t enough, they’re also being tracked by a criminal mastermind with, oh yeah, an army of mercenaries. Can the flock save themselves and the ocean, and the world, from utter destruction? Now for the rules : The Maximum Ride: Max Promotion is open to legal US residents who are at least 13 years of age as of August 24, 200