Skip to main content

Overbite


Overbite is Meg Cabot's answer to the vampire craze, and the sequel to her adult-oriented paranormal novel Insatiable.

As always with a sequel, it's definitely a must to read Insatiable before reading the review of Overbite. You don't want to spoil yourself, do you? Go read my review of Insatiable here and then read the book! After you do that, go ahead and come back and see what I think of the second book, okay? :)

For all of you who have already read Insatiable: read on...

Meena has never had a normal life. She's always been a bit odd to people - after all, she tends to be a bearer of bad news. She can tell if you're going to die - and her conscious doesn't allow her to keep her mouth shut about it. This has always led to problems - but not as many as when she decided to fall for a vampire.

To be fair, Meena didn't know Lucien Antonescu was a vampire when she fell for him. She only knew he was an incredibly handsome, magnetic, intelligent man that made her feel special and loved... that is, until she saw him turn into a gigantic, fire-breathing dragon and found out he was not only a vampire but THE vampire: son of Dracula, prince of darkness.

Kinda put a damper on their relationship. And after all the things she saw that day, Meena has begun to work for the Palatine Guard - a super-secret vampire-hunting sect of the Vatican, using her special ability to help them all out best she can. She's moved herself, her still unemployed brother, and her dog Jack Bauer to a new apartment as well - who'd want to stay where a bunch of hungry, crazed vampires tore everything up?

But despite her new job, Meena still feels like Lucien isn't 100% evil. She'd like to believe that if he was, she never would have fallen for him in the first place. Yet Alaric Wulf, one of the premier vampire hunters and her "partner" of sorts, doesn't believe her. Nobody at the Palatine really does.

Then people from Meena's past seem to become targets for a new threat - and she finds the danger coming close to home yet again. Everything Meena's sure of is being tested, her loyalties are confused, and who has her best interest at heart appears to be a big question.

What Meena is sure of though - she really needs to start choosing better boyfriends.

By the end of Insatiable I was pretty invested in Meg Cabot's characters and was VERY happy to hear that it wouldn't be the last we saw of them. I enjoyed revisiting Meena and Alaric - and was very happy to see the two still had sparks (if perhaps still more misunderstanding and guardedness). I know there are people who want Meena with Lucien, some who want Meena alone, and then there are those (like me) who felt her chemistry with Alaric was just too perfect to ignore. You will not find spoilers here - just opinions. You'll have to read Overbite to find out what actually happens!

Overbite is a little less lighthearted than Insatiable, but just a tad. Meg Cabot always manages to throw in a bit of humor and sizzling romantic heat, no worries. From beginning to end I was really liking Overbite!

One of my small complaints from Insatiable was that Meena cried a lot. Well, she's crying again - a bite more than I personally prefer - but she's a sweetie and still a feisty heroine in her own right. And Alaric's still a hottie. To me personally, anyway. :)

The mystery at the center of Overbite (which I just don't really want to give any details about, don't want to ruin it for ya) was very interesting and almost gave a paranoia feel to the book. It always felt like there was something big going on that we couldn't grasp, but would be a danger to our beloved characters.

In every book she writes, Meg Cabot always keeps me turning pages. No exception here! She is one of the most involving, consistent authors out there - it never takes me long to finish her books, ever!

I was very, very happy and satisfied with Overbite! It's hard, sometimes, with sequels to say much without giving stuff away - so I apologize for being vague. Here's what I can tell you: there were truly surprising twists, romantic suspense, an energetic plot, and a perfect, awesome end!!!

I, personally, thought Overbite was excellent! Think there's a good likelihood you'll agree.

Comments

Pablo Arcáry said…
Meg Brazil love you (And Im too)
#MegDiva

Sweet Kiss

Popular posts from this blog

Author Q & A - Jan Eldredge Stops By!

Next Wednesday y'all will be getting my oh-so-humble opinion of Evangeline of the Bayou , the Summer 2018 Kids' Indie Next List selection! (That means it was picked via booksellers at independent bookstores countrywide.) Until then, I have a Q&A with the Louisiana born and raised author herself: Jan Eldredge! (Don't forget to come back next week for my review!!) A Conversation with JAN ELDRIDGE Author of Evangeline of the Bayou 1) The glossary in the back of the book is so helpful! Where did you learn about all these creatures? Which creature from the book is your favorite? I have a small, but growing, collection of books about mythical creatures around the world. If I couldn’t find what I was looking for there, I researched library books, online websites, and the occasional documentary. Something that really surprised me as I started learning more about mythical monsters was the number of different cultures that share very similar

First Step: Admit You Have a Problem

Hi fellow Bibliophiles! I have been rather neglectful to this blog... instead continuing to stay buried in a book as I have during the holidays. I'm hopeful that most of you have been doing this too and can easily accept my apology. Have I been reading? Um, yeah! (Translation: duh.) Just haven't been able to pull myself away long enough to actually WRITE about what I'm reading. Lol. But that's me, a bibliophile, an addict, an addict who's fallen off the wagon and fully embraced her love of reading - especially with all this free time to do so!!! I've also been watching awesome holiday movies, eating yummy, but bad-for-me, food and hanging out with the people I love best! You too? I hope! ;) Anyway, I will return with a new book review next week, most likely on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for your patience and keep reading!!!

Promotion Celebration for Maximum Ride!!!

Do you love the series Maximum Ride ? How about James Patterson? Are you a huge fan of action-packed books? Well, I’m thrilled to bring to you an opportunity to stock up on some awesome reading!!! ENTER TO WIN A SET OF JAMES PATTERSON PAGETURNERS! MAXIMUM RIDE – IF SHE LIVES, THE WORLD LIVES, IT’S THAT SIMPLE. Read “MAX” - the newest book in the bestselling Maximum Ride series. On sale in paperback 09/01/09! Still reeling from their most recent adventure, Maximum Ride and the rest of the flock must head out to sea to uncover the secret behind a brand new series of disasters—fish are dying off the coast of Hawaii, hundreds of ships are being destroyed. As if that weren’t enough, they’re also being tracked by a criminal mastermind with, oh yeah, an army of mercenaries. Can the flock save themselves and the ocean, and the world, from utter destruction? Now for the rules : The Maximum Ride: Max Promotion is open to legal US residents who are at least 13 years of age as of August 24, 200