Skip to main content

Twilight Saga


The Twilight Saga, starting with Twilight, continuing with New Moon and Eclipse, and ending with Breaking Dawn is exactly the reason why I am a bibliophile. Thank you Stephenie Meyer.

This review won't contain one tiny spoiler, I promise. I am only going to give a small summary of the first book - because I don't think ANYTHING should be known before reading this truly fantastic series.

Bella is a fairly clumsy newcomer to Forks, Washington. Living with her dad and all the rainy, cloudy days will take some getting used to. But when she first lays eyes on the Cullen family in the school cafeteria - the extraordinarily beautiful family, especially one in particular named Edward - she doesn't realized that her entire life is about to change.

My reaction to the series? Wow. Just - wow. I love the genre but I just never got around to this series. But with the movie coming out and all the increased buzz going around - my interest piqued. And am I glad it did!

There is a magnificent hypnotic feeling to the books - like you are literally sucked into the story and are holding your breath. Setting it down or being asked a question by someone is like breathing again after a long period - but you just want to go back. It's truly addictive.

Why?

Maybe it is amazing atmospheric quality Stephenie Meyer creates. Maybe it is the realistic, relatable characters. Maybe it's how Stephenie seems to know exactly what you want to feel before you even know it, and she satisfies. Maybe it is the character development - how we're able to feel like we honestly know all the nuances of each individual. Maybe it is the perfection that is the romance that she gives us. Maybe it's the excellence of each plot.

Maybe it's all of the above.

All I know is that I can't wait to reread these books, I'm insanely nervous about the movie (you should see me during a Harry Potter movie), and I wish with all my being that there were a billion more books left in the series. Thank goodness I have the Official Guide to look forward to.

I recommend the entire Twilight series to any and everybody - but especially to fantasy lovers, of course. But I just can't see how anyone couldn't be as sucked into the story as I was.

I mean, I was glued to each page.

I could go on and on, I would love to mention every character, and how much I loved each plot twist - but I won't. I'll leave it all up to you - read it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Q & A - Jan Eldredge Stops By!

Next Wednesday y'all will be getting my oh-so-humble opinion of Evangeline of the Bayou , the Summer 2018 Kids' Indie Next List selection! (That means it was picked via booksellers at independent bookstores countrywide.) Until then, I have a Q&A with the Louisiana born and raised author herself: Jan Eldredge! (Don't forget to come back next week for my review!!) A Conversation with JAN ELDRIDGE Author of Evangeline of the Bayou 1) The glossary in the back of the book is so helpful! Where did you learn about all these creatures? Which creature from the book is your favorite? I have a small, but growing, collection of books about mythical creatures around the world. If I couldn’t find what I was looking for there, I researched library books, online websites, and the occasional documentary. Something that really surprised me as I started learning more about mythical monsters was the number of different cultures that share very similar

First Step: Admit You Have a Problem

Hi fellow Bibliophiles! I have been rather neglectful to this blog... instead continuing to stay buried in a book as I have during the holidays. I'm hopeful that most of you have been doing this too and can easily accept my apology. Have I been reading? Um, yeah! (Translation: duh.) Just haven't been able to pull myself away long enough to actually WRITE about what I'm reading. Lol. But that's me, a bibliophile, an addict, an addict who's fallen off the wagon and fully embraced her love of reading - especially with all this free time to do so!!! I've also been watching awesome holiday movies, eating yummy, but bad-for-me, food and hanging out with the people I love best! You too? I hope! ;) Anyway, I will return with a new book review next week, most likely on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for your patience and keep reading!!!

Promotion Celebration for Maximum Ride!!!

Do you love the series Maximum Ride ? How about James Patterson? Are you a huge fan of action-packed books? Well, I’m thrilled to bring to you an opportunity to stock up on some awesome reading!!! ENTER TO WIN A SET OF JAMES PATTERSON PAGETURNERS! MAXIMUM RIDE – IF SHE LIVES, THE WORLD LIVES, IT’S THAT SIMPLE. Read “MAX” - the newest book in the bestselling Maximum Ride series. On sale in paperback 09/01/09! Still reeling from their most recent adventure, Maximum Ride and the rest of the flock must head out to sea to uncover the secret behind a brand new series of disasters—fish are dying off the coast of Hawaii, hundreds of ships are being destroyed. As if that weren’t enough, they’re also being tracked by a criminal mastermind with, oh yeah, an army of mercenaries. Can the flock save themselves and the ocean, and the world, from utter destruction? Now for the rules : The Maximum Ride: Max Promotion is open to legal US residents who are at least 13 years of age as of August 24, 200